- Prospect South Community Investment Plan
- North College Community Investment Plan
- Aspen Heights
- Foothills Mall
- Jax Mercantile
- Kaufman & Robinson, Inc.
- North College Marketplace
- Northern Colorado Feeders Supply
- Prospect Station
- Rocky Mountain Innosphere
- The Summit on College
- Valley Steel and Wire Company
- Lyric Cinema
Prospect South Community Investment Plan
City Council adopted the Midtown Urban Renewal Plan and the Prospect South Tax Increment Financing District in 2011. At the time of its adoption, City Council acted as the Urban Renewal Authority Board. The vision and objectives of the Midtown Urban Renewal Plan are broad and do not speak to the unique qualities of the Prospect South area nor the desires of the community. As such, the Urban Renewal Authority Board directed staff to conduct an engagement series to understand how the Board could invest in the plan area that meets the community’s needs.
Community engagement centered around identifying and prioritizing how the Prospect South Plan Area could become a more attractive and enjoyable place to gather, work, live, do business, and go to school. The community engagement process began with formation of a working group, comprised of stakeholders in and near the plan area, that met monthly for four months. The working group identified proposed improvements to the plan area, on which the community provided input through two virtual community forums and a community questionnaire. The community engagement activities took place from November 2020 through February 2021 and reflect the perspectives and input from those who participated.
The community identified five priority projects for the Prospect South plan area. The list below describes each project and lists the projects in order of priority.
- Westside Bicycle & Pedestrian Corridor – Enhance walking and biking corridor through the center of the west side of the plan area, including creating a safe crossing over the Sherwood Lateral.
- Sidewalk & Crosswalk Improvements along College Avenue – Improve sidewalk connectivity and safety along both sides of College Avenue and at east-west street crossings.
- Green Plaza and/or Outdoor Dining – Create an inviting public green plaza and/or outdoor dining area.
- Existing Small Business Preservation – Make efforts to preserve existing small businesses in the plan area.
- Creekside Park Enhancements – Increase enjoyment opportunities of Creekside Park with food truck(s), wayfinding, improved gathering spaces, and nature play / learning opportunities at the creek.
You can download the engagement report and Community Investment Plan using the links below.